Are you interested in the entertainment industry, comedy, and technical production?
The Just for Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to work as our Assistant Production Manager for the 2018 Montreal Festival. The Just for Laughs Montreal Festival, now in its 36th year, presents multiple shows over 3 weeks in July. We have approximately 25 venues, each running 1-4 presentations daily.
We are looking for someone who has strong organizational and communication skills, is able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressure situations, and who has knowledge and experience working in live show management / operation. The successful applicant must be prepared to work long hours, including some nights and weekends.
English is essential; bilingualism (French) is an asset.
Duration: 9 to 11 weeks, starting mid to late May 2018
Location: Montreal, QC
• Work closely with the Just for Laughs Festival Production/Technical Managers on all venue, artist and show requirements;
• Prepare festival production staff contracts and oversee crew hiring;
• Create and maintain databases of information;
• Expenses processing and budget tracking;
• Create and maintain various production and transportation schedules;
• Source and secure various supplies, props, equipment;
• Aid in various set-ups, strikes, and show-calls, as necessary;
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
• Knowledge of and experience in live show or event management;
• Experience in technical installation or show operation is an asset;
• Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
• Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization;
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to multitask while meeting multiple deadlines;
• Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills;
• Must be able to troubleshoot problems, and operate independently;
• Adaptability, good judgment and decision-making;
• Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
• Ability to remain calm at all times, and to act accordingly in sensitive and stressful situations;
• Work in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Photoshop, AutoCAD or Vectorworks is an asset;
• Ability to work long hours, including some nights and weekends;
• Overall love of comedy!
Deadline for applicants is Friday March 23rd, 2018
Please send your CV and cover letter to JFLsummer2018@hahaha.com with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.