The challenge is now, for you at Just for Laughs.
Just for Laughs is looking for the best Business Affairs Director!
We are the most prestigious and global player in the production of Comedy Festivals and constantly looking at growth opportunities through innovation and acquisitions. For more than 35 years, the dominant attribute of our organization has been the leadership and effectiveness of our management team.
We are now searching a Business Affairs Director who will support the entrepreneurial vision of the Just For Laughs Festivals and will bring value for the entire organization.
Title: Business Affairs Director
Working from our Montreal’s office and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of Just For Laughs, the successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of traditional broadcast contracts and new platform business practice, talent contracts and CMF and CAVCO regulations. The successful candidate must have experience with the various guilds, i.e.: WGC, ACTRA and the relationship between the Canadian guilds and their American counterparts. The successful candidate must be capable of negotiating deals of all types not only in the media end of things but also in the live component of JFL’s business.
• Co-production and co-venture agreements
• Production services agreements
• Canadian tax & government incentives
• Financing agreements
• Key creative, host & talent agreements
• Insurance contracts
• Broadcast & online license agreements
• Sales agency & distribution agreements
• Agent & management agreements
• Optioning & acquisition of underlying properties
• 5 to 10 years of experience managing business affairs within the entertainment industry. Holds a Law Degree and a superior knowledge of, and experience with, Canadian funding bodies as well as Canadian federal and provincial tax credit policies (e.g. CAVCO, OFTTC & OCASE guidelines)
• Exemplary relationships and strong familiarity with broadcasters, financiers and tax credit authorities in Canada
• Must be well organized, detail-oriented, efficient and have the ability to prioritize
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet conflicting deadlines in short timeframe
• Ability to work independently, manage workload, prioritize and take initiative
• Superior written communication skills and the ability to explain complex issues clearly
• Excellent people skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Being bilingual (English & French) is a strong asset
• Permanent, full time.
• Salary based on experience.
Are you ready to take up the challenge? Just For Laughs Group is ready for you!
Contact us today to join the team who re-creates every year the Biggest Comedy Festival in the World! Apply now and you will be the one who will participate to our promising future.
Contact us now!