Do you have a passion for creating bold and clever content? Are you constantly designing and dreaming up different ways to spread information? This is the job for you. Just for Laughs is looking for Graphic Designers for their 2018 Montreal festival. You will collaborate closely with the Marketing team and participate in the planning and execution of the visual component of marketing efforts.
Duration: 4-5 Months, beginning March 2018
Location: Montreal, QC
As Graphic Designer, you will work on a variety of projects including cross-platform digital and branding initiatives, working on the design and production of visual materials used for digital and traditional media. Just for Laughs is looking for someone to stay on brand with their iconic imagery and personality, while promoting and supporting various department objectives.
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Execution and production of new and existing marketing deliverables;
• Respects and ensures brand guidelines are being followed and remain consistent across different mediums;
• Brainstorm, conceptualize, plan, and design a variety of consumer facing materials such as posters, banners, flyers, presentations, digital assets, print ads, web banners, etc.;
• Creation of social media visuals, memes, banners, headers, and anything pertaining thereto;
• Concrete understanding of industry principles and applications;
• Works closely with the marketing manager and programming team, as well as other graphic designers, to ensure that all material is concise and clear regarding content;
• Ensure all deadlines are met in a timely and professional manner.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design; or equivalent experience;
• Minimum of 3+ years experience in related fields and/or industries;
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
• Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
• Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete design projects in a timeline manner;
• Must be creative and initiate ideas while maintaining overall focus on the company’s brand, vision, and goals;
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects open at one time;
• Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills;
• Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
• Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
• Expert level skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign;
• Experience with HTML, website design, and website management;
• Previous experience with motion graphics and animation effects a plus;
• Overall love of comedy!
Deadline for applicants is Friday, February 23rd 2018
Please send your CV and cover letter to JFLsummer2018@hahaha.com with your name and the job title in the subject line.