Do you have a love for comedy and marketing, plus the drive to work in the entertainment business? Then we’ve got the job for you. The Just for Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and hard-working individual to be our Marketing Coordinator for the 2018 Montreal Just for Laughs Comedy Festival.
Duration: 4 -5 months, start mid March 2018
Location: Montreal, QC
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the planning, managing, executing, and reporting on all aspects of the festival’s day-to-day marketing plans and initiatives. Beyond the administrative proficiency, this position requires someone who can manage a team assertively to ensure the artistic vitality of JFL and its unique positioning within a crowded marketplace. The Marketing Coordinator will help cultivate new and diverse audiences and maximize box office revenues through a full range of marketing activities, including traditional and new media outlets.
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate marketing, communication, and strategic plans for the Marketing Department including but not limited to print, radio, television, digital, etc.;
• Create marketing campaigns and strategies for various festival shows;
• Monitor, review, and report to marketing activity and results;
• Ensure purchase orders are created, entered, and signed;
• Ensure all deadlines are met in a timely manner;
• Analyze customers, current market conditions, and competitor information;
• Coordinate graphic design team schedule and ensure that there is a clear understanding of projects and deliverables;
• Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
• Write show descriptions and web bios, amongst other related material;
• Communicate with Programming and Operations departments to ensure that all marketing needs are being met in a timely and concise manner;
• Maintain an effective working team relationship with all departments and work closely with Marketing Manager.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
• A Bachelor Degree (or current student) in marketing and/or communications;
• Passion for comedy & performing arts;
• A team player who provides leadership from the middle;
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
• Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines;
• Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills;
• Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
• Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
• Computer literacy (including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel), with the ability to maintain reports and organizational systems;
• Experience with HTML, website design, and website management;
• Overall love of comedy!
Deadline for applicants is Friday, February 23rd 2018
Please send your CV and cover letter to JFLsummer2018@hahaha.com with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.