JUSTE POUR RIRE
« Le Groupe Juste Pour Rire », has been for over 36 years the driving force behind the world’s largest comedy festival. Its various products (Galas, Gags series, outdoor Festival experience, Just For Laughs etc.) are loved and admired by both the Canadian and International public. The “Groupe” remains the world leader in the distribution of television comedy programming with a presence in over 135 countries and 95 airlines. The visibility of the Gags series has reached a new high with over 1 billion YouTube views.
Reporting to the assistant controller, the production accountant is responsible for preparing show settlements for various Just for Laughs productions for external use and recording these settlements in the company’s accounting system. As a member of the accounting team, the production accountant has the mandate to insure the quality and timeliness of financial information and to enforce the controls put in place by upper management.
- Verify and code invoices/ perform follow up of Purchase Orders;
- Reconcile petty cash, credit cards and expense reports;
- Analyse project expense reports and make necessary;
- Verify and calculate artist payments;
- Prepare artist settlements for external use;
- Prepare cheques and wire transfers ;
- Calculate and pay remittances (SOCAN, ReSound, Non-resident tax)
- Record transactions in projects module and in general ledger;
- Manage weekly cash-flow needs;
- Perform budgetary analysis for various Just for Laughs productions;
- Reconcile project accounting and general ledger;
- Assist the controller; prepare JE entries;
- Reconcile ledgers;
- Prepare audit files;
- Prepare T4A and T4NR;
- And all other tasks assigned by the employer in the course of employment.
- Great organization skills
- Attention to detail ;
- Autonomy ;
- Creativity and flexibility ;
- Ability to manage multiple files at once ;
- Social, reliable, punctual, determination;
- Ability to excel under pressure.
- Bachelors in Accounting
- 5 to 7 years in similar position ;
- Strong knowledge of Excel (macro, pivot tables, Vlookup)
- Microsoft office ;
- Bilingualism a must ;
- Work experience with Great plains (a plus) ;
- Work experience with project/production accounting (a plus)
- Fulltime, permanent job
- Start date immediately
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish to thank everyone posting for the job but will communicate only with the selected candidates.