Are you interested in the entertainment industry, comedy, and technical production?
The Just for Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to work as one of our Production / Technical Managers for the 2018 Montreal Festival. The Just for Laughs Montreal Festival, now in its 36th year, presents multiple shows over 3 weeks in July. We have approximately 25 venues, each running 1-4 presentations daily.
We are looking for someone who has strong organizational and communication skills, is able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressure situations, and who has experience working in live show management / operation. The successful applicant must be prepared to work long hours, including some nights and weekends.
English is essential; bilingualism (French) is an asset.
Duration: 9 to 11 weeks, starting mid to late May 2018
Location: Montreal, QC
• Work in a team environment with all Festival Production Team members;
• Work closely with Festival Producers and Directors to execute all Festival production requirements;
• Oversee various venues and all artist, show and production requirements within;
• Aid in the hiring process for all Production and Venue staff positions;
• Oversee and direct various production staff;
• Work closely with artists and their representatives;
• Work closely with other departments (TV, Marketing/PR, Sponsorship, etc.) on any production elements or venue installation / activations, as required;
• Responsible for maintaining effective working team relationships with all departments within venues (Stage Management, FOH, Box office, Bar Staff, Technicians, Transport, Artists, etc).
• Propose or create any Sets, Props, Lighting or Technical Designs, as required;
• Source and secure various supplies, props, equipment;
• Create, maintain, and implement schedules and logistics plans for repertory shows in each venue;
• Manage and track production budgets and expenses;
• Aid in various set-ups, strikes, and show-calls, as necessary;
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
• Experience in live show or event production management or technical direction;
• Experience in stage management, technical installation, or show operation;
• Experience in scenic, sound or lighting design is an asset;
• Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
• Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization;
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to multitask while meeting multiple deadlines;
• Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills;
• Must be able to troubleshoot problems, and operate independently;
• Adaptability, good judgment and decision-making;
• Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
• Ability to remain calm at all times, and to act accordingly in sensitive and stressful situations;
• Work in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Photoshop, AutoCAD or Vectorworks is an asset;
• Ability to work long hours, including some nights and weekends;
• Overall love of comedy!
Deadline for applicants is Friday March 23rd, 2018
Please send your CV and cover letter to JFLsummer2018@hahaha.com with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.