Just for Laughs is looking for Publicists to join their team for the 2018 Montreal Festival. Publicists will liaise between talent, management, and media in order to promote all artists participating in this year’s festival. As publicist, you will research and execute communication plans for Just for Laughs that reflect the company’s vision for the 2018 festival; as well as oversee all press releases, media requests, and attend weekly strategy meetings with the PR Manager.
Duration: 2 Months, starting end of May 2018
Location: Montreal, QC
Publicists for the festival will also work on initiatives to promote ComedyPRO and OFFJFL; and are expected to prepare accurate, thorough, and timely reports for media monitoring during all festival events. Publicists should demonstrate the ability to work with various levels of talent including comedians, talent management, domestic and international press, JFL staff, executives, and stakeholders.
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and execute tactical communication plans for JFL that reflect the organization’s vision and mission for 2018.
- Study artists to devise media angles of interest; write fun facts sheets for PR team to apply when pitching various opportunities.
- Create compelling long and short-term press/media strategies, compiling and preparing materials media may request.
- Proactively strategize media angles, pitches and manage publicity outreach.
- Write pitches, coordinate and manage interviews; escorte key talent to interviews.
- Oversee the press execution including writing press releases, pitches, photo call alerts, red carpet screenings.
- Coordinate and facilitate interview media requests, both in advance and during the festival; escort key talent to interviews.
- Maintain appropriate press reports per program and assist in monitoring and organizing press clippings.
- Assist publicity team by greeting media who attend evening/weekend performances.
- Coordinate efforts with PR photographer at various events/venues.
- Work with the Marketing/Social Media coordinator to help promote publicity opportunities with talent.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor Degree (or current student) in communications/marketing;
- Experience in PR, marketing, and/or event management;
- Above average organization and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with members of the media.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various levels of talent, press, and executives.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication, with copywriting skills;
- Problem solving skills and ability to work in fast paced environment;
- Capacity to work for long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete design projects in a timeline manner;
- Incredible time management skills, combined with the ability to execute last minute details;
- Overall love of comedy!
Deadline for applicants is Friday, April 6th 2018
Please send your CV and cover letter to JFLsummer2018@hahaha.com with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.