Do you have a love for comedy, the drive to work in the entertainment business, plus a love of producing shows? Then we have the job for you. The Just for Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and hard-working individual to join our team as an Associate Producer.
As a key member of the programming team, the Associate Producer works closely with the VP of Festivals and Directors of Programming to scout and book talent for all festivals, oversee schedules, the festival database, and manage a team of Programming Assistants. The Associate Producer also works closely with the marketing, logistics, production and contracts departments to deliver a successful festival.
The successful applicant must have strong organizational and communication skills, be able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressured situations, and be great at managing a team. The applicant should be prepared to work long hours.
Duration: This is a full-time position, starting December 2019 or January 2020.
Location: Montreal, QC
Responsibilities include the following:
- Member of the programming team
- Scout local shows for all festivals
- Manage festival submissions and database
- Manage show schedules for all festivals
- Oversee the festival database, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Liaise with artist Agents and Managers
- Manage a team of Programming Assistants
- Liaise with the Marketing Department on requirements, including approving artwork, proofing press releases, website, etc
- Liaise with the Production Department on requirements for shows booked
- Liaise with the Logistics Department on artist requirements, including dates, travel, immigration, etc
- Liase with the Ticketing Department on ticket requests and requirements
- Oversee festival daily schedules and pacings
- Work closely with the Zoofest team on the overall Zoofest & OffJFL Festival, including programming, scheduling, marketing, etc
- All related administrative tasks needed by immediate supervisor, including but not limited to, answering calls, preparing emails, creating purchase orders, organizing the filing system, and completing expense reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- College Degree;
- 2+ years of experience in comedy, including producing and programming comedy events;
- Experience working in a festival setting;
- Bilingual (English, French);
- An understanding of the North American comedy scene
- Experience managing a team;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects open at one time;
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills, with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work;
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word;
- Overall love of comedy!