Just For Laughs is a renowned comedy institution that has evolved significantly over the years. Now entering a new era of transformation, it is seeking a Content Distribution & Operations Coordinator. This position will play a significant role in maintaining and developing Just for Laughs content workflows across Distribution, Over-The-Top (OTT) and Production. A highly cross-functional & fast-paced roll, this position will collaborate, manage and improve operational efficiencies for Distribution and (OTT) across Accounting, Legal, Marketing, Social Media (Digital), and Production; and will manage the day-to-day of the Inflight Entertainment business.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, goal oriented while operating in a high-volume operational environment, and will be able to adapt quickly to change, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Coordinate the department in all sales functions, collaborating with accounting, production, post-production and legal.
- Fulfill client orders for JFL content (key art & video files) as Content Delivery Lead for Distribution and OTT, to ensure elements and materials reach clients on a timely basis (WeTransfer, AWS, Aspera, Signiant, etc)
- Handle assigned IFE clients and relationships to create sales opportunities, negotiate & close deals;
- Work with production to ensure that international versioning requirements are fulfilled in post-production; order, deliver, and track post-production materials;
- Department superuser for Rights Management system implementation and day to day use, as well as create and maintain library of metadata and assets to be used across all our monetisation businesses;
- Assist in preparation for international markets (maintain a calendar of events, mailings, preparing promotional materials, fee payments, etc.) and assist with tasks and logistics (flights, hotel bookings, etc.) prior to and following markets;
- Support the senior team members with additional duties as needed, including, but not limited to creating sales reports, coordinating travel, scheduling calls with clients, ordering business supplies and other tasks as needed;
- Perform other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience in media or a related field;
- 3 to 5 years experience in the Media and Entertainment industry, working in content management for TV, OTT and/or media distribution sales teams;
- Bilingualism (French and English), with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of FileMaker and/or rights and digital content management systems;
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Experience or an understanding of Post-production processes;
- Experience at a broadcaster or studio a plus (Asset);
- Passionate consumer of TV and digital content (Asset);
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop (or similar graphics program) (Asset).
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent project and time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment;
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to work with limited supervision;
- Methodical and detail-oriented in all tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.