Do you have a love for comedy, the drive to work in the entertainment business, plus an in interest in law? Then we’ve got the job for you. The Just for Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking enthusiastic, organized, and hard-working individuals to work as Contracts Coordinators for a variety of our projects in 2020.
The successful applicant will have a keen interest in intellectual property and contract law, strong communication skills, and the ability to negotiate and function under pressure in time-sensitive situations.
Duration: 1 - 2 months starting mid-August
Location: Montreal, QC
Responsibilities include the following:
- Draft, issue, and send contracts – complete with cover letters and all pertinent forms – to artists and their representatives;
- Ensure that artists and their representatives have all pertinent documentation and materials (i.e. tax forms, ACTRA, visa information sheets, etc.) and that Just for Laughs receives all necessary documents in a timely manner;
- Distribute payment to artists and act as a liaison between the accounting department and artists;
- Negotiate terms and conditions and follow through to full execution of each artist contract;
- File all completed documentation and summarization of the intellectual property rights obtained from each performer;
- Maintain effective working relationships with all departments;
- All related administrative tasks needed by immediate supervisor, including but not limited to, answering calls, preparing emails, creating purchase orders, organizing the filing system, and completing expense reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines;
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Office);
- Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization in order to complete projects in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Bilingual (English, French);
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed.
- Overall love of comedy!
To apply, please click below and submit a Cover Letter and CV. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.