Interested in entertainment law? The Just for Laughs Festival is seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to work as Contracts Coordinators for the 2019 Montreal Festival!
The successful applicant will have a keen interest in intellectual property and contract law, strong communication skills, and the ability to negotiate and function under pressure in time-sensitive situations.
Duration: 3 months, starting mid-May 2019
Location: Montreal, QC
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Draft, issue, and send contracts – complete with cover letters and all pertinent forms – to artists and their representatives;
- Ensure that artists and their representatives have all pertinent documentation and materials (i.e. tax forms, ACTRA, visa information sheets, etc.) and that Just for Laughs receives all necessary documents in a timely manner;
- Distribute payment to artists and act as a liaison between the accounting department and artists;
- Negotiate terms and conditions and follow through to full execution of each artist contract;
- File all completed documentation and summarization of the intellectual property rights obtained from each performer;
- Maintain effective working relationships with all departments.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines;
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Office);
- Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization in order to complete projects in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed.
Deadline for applicants is Friday, April 5th, 2019
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.