Just for Laughs is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our team for JFL42 – the 2019 Toronto Festival!
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for ensuring that all customer concerns and queries are addressed in a timely and professional manner. The individual chosen for this position will be organized, personable, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Duration: 5 months (mid-May – early October 2019)
Location: Montreal, QC (final 2 weeks in Toronto, ON)
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Resolve JFL42 customer issues via email from the launch until the end of the Festival;
- Ensure that customer service emails are responded to in a timely manner including evenings and weekends;
- Work with JFL42 social media team to resolve customer issues via social media;
- Liaise with the client relations team at Ticketmaster to resolve customer issues that require assistance on their end;
- Answer questions about the Festival, via e-mail, to enquiring customers;
- Update the FAQ section of the JFL42 website;
- Help manage and maintain documents including a shareable guide of answers for frequently asked questions;
- Answer the phone, filter calls, and provide information to callers when appropriate;
- Assist the programming team during the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival when needed;
- All other administrative duties, including Festival POs;
- Prepare post mortem paperwork detailing all points related to job function and be available for post mortem meetings if required.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word);
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Experience in customer service, box office, and/or event management is preferred;
- Ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Interest in comedy and the performing arts!
Deadline for applicants is Friday, April 5th, 2019
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.