Just For Laughs is a renowned comedy institution that has evolved significantly over the years. Now entering a new era of transformation, it is seeking a Director, financial planning and analysis.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, goal and will be able to adapt quickly to change, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Support CFO in providing key business and financial intelligence to inform business decisions,
- Act as a trusted advisor to CFO in developing and implementing business strategies, goals and objectives, key risk management, and project initiatives;
- Analyse, report, and contextualize company performance results to CFO and other company executives;
- Make strategic recommendations for attaining the company’s objectives and targets;
- Develop the analytical frameworks (business and financial) in order to conduct analyses and resolve critical business issues;
- Perform regular performance, financial, market, and competitive analyses for the business in order to avail useful insights for strategic decision-making and identification of business opportunities at various business fronts;
- Oversee and lead annual and long-range planning processes;
- Facilitate cross-functional team collaboration;
- Lead the preparation of board presentations and other board materials;
- Lead monthly/quarterly business review meetings with division heads.
- Perform other related duties.
- Accounting title and / or MBA;
- Minimum 8 years experience;
- Experience in the Media and Entertainment industry is an asset;
- Bilingualism (French and English), with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent project and time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment;
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to work with limited supervision;
- Methodical and detail-oriented in all tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.