The Just for Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to work as our Industry Coordinator for the 2019 Montreal Festival and ComedyPRO Conference!
The Industry Coordinator is the main resource for all things related to industry logistics and relations. The role will be filled by someone who is highly organized, smart, and personable. They will be responsible for ensuring that the hundreds of agents, managers, producers, scouts, and VIPs who attend the Festival and Conference have a smooth and enjoyable time.
Duration: 2 - 3 months, starting late May 2019
Location: Montreal, QC
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure Industry members attending the festival are well taken care of and informed of all events;
- Solicit new sales by approaching first time Industry members and past members who have not returned;
- Respond to all Industry inquiries and requests;
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of accreditation and VIP welcome bags;
- Manage the Eventbrite platform for ticket sales;
- Manage the online platform for the Power Broker Program;
- Update the ComedyPRO website as needed;
- Responsible for sorting and coordinating industry tickets for shows;
- Create and order menus for the industry cocktails, lunches, and Awards Show;
- Work closely with Just for Laughs ticketing personnel to ensure that Industry requests are met and tracked;
- Train the Welcome Desk team, and manage its operations during the festival;
- Ensure sponsorship deliverables are visible at the Welcome Desk and surrounding area.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Proactive nature which allows them to anticipate problems and implement strategic solutions;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization in order to complete projects in a timely manner;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Interest in comedy and the performing arts!
Deadline for applicants is Friday, April 12th, 2019
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.