Just For Laughs is looking for an International & Canadian Programming Manager! This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the Just For Laughs festival programming team in a permanent and full time position.
We are the most prestigious and global player in the production of comedy festivals, television shows and live concerts and tour events, and are constantly looking at growth opportunities through innovation and acquisitions. For more than 36 years, the dominant attribute of our organization has been the leadership and effectiveness of our management team.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Director of International & Canadian Programming in our Festival Department, the ideal candidate will play an integral role on the Just For Laughs programming team and represent the company in the international comedy community. The International & Canadian Programming Manager will have excellent comedy taste, will excel at communication, will have strong organizational skills, and will have the ability to maintain and manage multiple competing priorities.
Start date: To be determined, flexible for the right candidate, as soon as possible
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Montreal, Quebec
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scout all comedy talent in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and all territories beyond North America (including but not limited to: Europe, the Middle East, Africa, South America, etc). This will include regular travel.
- Program all international talent for all JFL festivals, TV projects & tours.
- Negotiate performance agreements with all international talent.
- Maintain existing relationships with industry in the UK & Australia and develop new relationships with English-speaking comedy industry beyond North America.
- Seek out opportunities and relationships in all territories outside of North America including but not limited to: sponsorship, festival creation, TV broadcast & TV distribution.
- Advise JFL Live on touring opportunities with international talent.
- Work with the ComedyPRO team to help grow the number of international industry attending the Festival.
- Receive & organize submissions from Canadian comedians seeking showcase opportunities.
- Book and manage Canadian showcases.
- Contribute meaningfully to the set vetting process during JFL Montreal.
- Oversee any internationally themed projects at all JFL festivals.
- Create and maintain a database of all international comedy talent.
- Perform various administration tasks including preparing offers, schedules, reports, brainstorming lists, etc.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong existing relationships with comedy industry (especially agents and managers) and talent in the UK, Australia and markets outside of North America, as well as within Canada.
- 3-5 years’ experience producing and programming comedy events.
- An understanding of the global comedy market and trends.
- An understanding of the Canadian comedy scene.
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines.
- Flexible travel schedule.
- Flexible work schedule, to accommodate various business time zones.
- A strong understanding of the Just For Laughs brand and history.
- An understanding of French is an asset but not required.
- A genuine love of comedy.
Are you ready to take up the challenge? Just For Laughs Group is ready for you!
Interested candidates can send their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com .
We thank all those who apply and will contact only those selected.