Do you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment? Do you have an interest in the arts and entertainment industry? Then we’ve got the job for you! Just for Laughs is looking for people to join our team as Logistics Coordinators for the 2019 Montreal festival!
As Logistics Coordinator, you are the hub of all information surrounding artists and industry guests. You will work closely with agents, managers, travel agencies, hotel staff, and various JFL departments to ensure that each artist and industry guest has a smooth and enjoyable time at the Festival. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Duration: 3 months, starting early May 2019
Location: Montreal, QC
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate the purchase of tickets for travel (air/train) and booking of hotel accommodations for festival performers and industry guests;
- Ensure that artists have the appropriate immigration documents to enter the country;
- Work closely with festival staff to establish clear communication guidelines in regards to artist information and hospitality details;
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of welcome kits, as well as the greeting and registration of artists and industry guests;
- Work closely with the transportation and volunteer teams to ensure that artist ground transport runs smoothly;
- Respond to all inquiries and requests from artists and industry guests before, during, and after the festival;
- Create POs for hotels and flights in a timely manner, and ensure that all documents are available for accounting to process.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel), with the ability to design and maintain internal systems including reports and critical paths;
- Prior experience in festival/event management and/or the performing arts is considered an asset;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Interest in comedy and the performing arts!
Deadline for applicants is Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.