Do you have a love for comedy, the drive to work in the entertainment business, plus a love of organizing and dealing with a variety of different people? Then we’ve got the job for you. The Just for Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and hard-working individual to be our Logistics Manager for the 2020 festivals.
As Logistics Manager, you will oversee the logistics department and manage logistics for anywhere from 300 to 450 artists for the Montreal festival. You will work closely with the General Manager to ensure that all deadlines are met and that everything runs like clockwork. The successful applicant must have strong organizational and communication skills, be able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressured situations, and be great at managing a team. The applicant should be prepared to work long hours.
Duration: 6 month contract position. This is a full-time position from mid March – end of August with the possibility of extending until October for the Toronto Festival.
Location: Montreal, QC
Responsibilities include the following:
- Support the General Manager on all required aspects of the Just for Laughs Montreal Festival and JFL42 in Toronto.
- Oversee all logistics for the Montreal Festival, with specific focus on flights, accommodation, immigration and transport.
- Liaise with the Directors of Programming to ensure all artist logistics details are delivered accurately in accordance with their Festival offers.
- Work with the General Manager to find best practice processed for managing all artist logistics and ensure they are adhered to at all times.
- Assist the General Manager in overseeing all relevant accounting pertaining to Logistics.
- Manage hotel contracts and rates, rooming lists and all hotel details.
- Negotiate contracts and liaise with suppliers.
- Liaise with festival travel agency to determine best rates and manage flight availability.
- Manage a team of over 10 people to successfully deliver all artist logistics for the Montreal Festival.
- Work in consultation with the Transport team to successfully deliver all transportation logistics for the Montreal Festival.
- Liaise with Immigration Canada and ensure artists have necessary documents to enter the country.
- Manage the Logistics office at the host hotel.
- Responsible for all post-festival logistics accounting/billing.
- All related administrative tasks needed by immediate supervisor, including but not limited to, answering calls, preparing emails, creating purchase orders, organizing the filing system, and completing expense reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience in theatre and/or arts management, including working in a festival setting;
- Bilingual (English, French);
- Experience in producing and/or event operations;
- Experience hiring and managing a team;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects open at one time;
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word;
- Overall love of comedy!
Deadline for applicants is Friday February 28th, 2020.
To apply, please click below and submit a Cover Letter and CV. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.