Do you have a love for comedy, the drive to work in the entertainment business, plus a love of organizing and spreadsheets? Then we’ve got the job for you. The Just For Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and hard-working individual to be our Operations Manager for the 2019 festivals.
As Operations Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure that all deadlines are met and that everything runs like clockwork. The successful applicant must have strong organizational and communication skills, be computer literate (Excel) and be able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressured situations. The applicant should be prepared to work long hours. English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
- Support the Director of Operations on all aspects of the Just for Laughs Festivals.
- Act as Office Manager including office set up for temporary staff, ordering desks, computers, etc
- Manage all aspects of hiring summer staff, including job listings, interviews, contracts and timesheets
- Manage programming timelines and deadlines, and how they relate to marketing and ticketing
- Oversee logistics contracts, including hotels and suppliers (until Logistics Manager starts)
- Work closely with the Logistics Department
- Oversee the accreditation requirements for the festival
- Oversee festival management software
- Manage festival venue holds grid, with the Director of Operations & Director of Production
- Work with the Director of Operations on any TV requirements
- All related administrative tasks needed by immediate supervisor, including but not limited to, answering calls, preparing emails, creating purchase orders, organizing the filing system, and completing expense reports.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects open at one time;
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word;
- Overall love of comedy!
Duration: 6-7 month contract position. This is a full-time position from February - August
Location: Montreal, QC
Deadline for applicants is Monday, January 7th, 2019
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.