Do you have a love for comedy and the drive to work in the entertainment business? Then we’ve got the job for you. The Just For Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and hard-working individual to join our team.
As Programming Coordinator, you will work closely with the programming team to ensure that all deadlines are met for the festivals. The successful applicant must have strong organizational and communication skills, be computer literate (Excel) and be able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressured situations. The applicant should be prepared to work long hours around festival time.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Department scheduling
- Preparing festival offers
- Maintain festival documents and grids, including programming reports and schedules
- Compile artist information
- Manage and maintain the festival database
- Work with the web and ticketing departments
- Booking required staff travel and logistics
- All related administrative tasks needed by immediate supervisor, including but not limited to, answering calls, preparing emails, creating purchase orders, organizing the filing system, and completing expense reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- College degree;
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position;
- Bilingual (English, French);
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects open at one time;
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word;
- Experience with project management software an asset;
- Overall love of comedy!