Position : Senior Director, Corporate Communications and Brand Management
Location : Montreal
A true jewel of our Quebec culture for more than 37 years, the Just for Laughs Group stands out for its cultural and commercial success, and for the strong global reach it provides in Quebec. With millions of fans coming together every day to the Gags and JFL Comedy platforms, or millions of festival-goers gathered around the globe at our prestigious events, the Just for Laughs Group is the world leader in humorous entertainment.
The Just for Laughs Group is looking for a Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Brand Management.
About the position :
You want to bring your deep expertise in strategy development and your extensive field experience in corporate communications and brand management! You are known to establish close working relationships with executives, employees, partners, journalists and influencers! You would like to support the Chief Marketing Officer in managing and deploying the evolution of the Just For Laughs Group brand, a great mobilizing project that will be developed in conjunction with a reputable agency!
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer of the Just for Laughs Group and as a senior member of the Marketing Management Committee, the incumbent leads the development and implementation of the company's corporate communications strategies, including press and public relations, crisis management, the Speakers bureau, corporate brand management and internal communications.
He’s responsible for developing key messages based on the organization's business priorities and tailored to each target market that will engage partners, employees, the press and the public. He also ensures that internal and external communications, as well as the general use of the brand, are consistent with the different established local and international properties.
- Strategy, advisory role and management :
- Develop and implement corporate communications strategies (press relations, public relations), internal communications and brand management;
- Manage and develop a coordinator;
- Establish and manage the marketing budget of the brand.
- Media relations (corporate only) and public outreach :
- Support and contribute to the corporate influence of the Group;
- Develop and write key messages, news releases, Q & As, backgrounders and other materials;
- Manage interview requests and prepare spokespersons as required;
- Support the management and mitigation of media issues and crises;
- Develop a speaker’s bureau program.
- Brand management :
- Manage with the CMO the major project for the evolution of the Group's brand;
- Identify and deploy all necessary initiatives to enhance the brand and ensure the quality of its image;
- Identify and recommend performance indicators related to the brand and implement measurement tools;
- Oversee activities related to brand presence on social media and other platforms.
- Internal Communications (in partnership with the Human Resources team)):
- Target internal communications needs, develop a communications plan to respond to them and implement the resulting initiatives;
- Use internal communication creatively and strategically to communicate the company's business objectives and reaffirm the Group's culture, mission and values;
- Facilitate internal communications tools (newsletters, internal announcements, social media, etc.);
- Organize and coordinate internal events.
- University degree in communications, journalism, public relations or marketing or a specialized graduate degree;
- 10 to 12 years of work experience in a similar position;
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French, both orally and in writing. Mandatory bilingualism;
- Creative, offers original and fun solutions, in addition to knowing how to handle various methods of communication to capture the interest of different target audiences;
- Excellent knowledge of new technologies and social media;
- Strong capacity for research, analysis and synthesis;
- Excellent interpersonal relationships;
- Availability and ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to communicate the vision of the organization.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted.