Just for Laughs is looking for an enthusiastic and organized individual to join our team as Volunteer Coordinator for the 2019 Montreal Festival!
his role is crucial to the success of the Festival, as it would be unable to run without the dedication and enthusiasm of our volunteers – and their numbers increase every year!
The Volunteer Coordinator will work with the Logistics team to develop an efficient and organized protocol for recruiting, training, and scheduling all volunteers. The individual chosen for this position will be an outgoing team player, capable of motivating others and solving problems in time-sensitive situations.
Duration: 2 Months, starting early June 2019
Location: Montreal, QC
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all volunteer needs for the JFL Montreal Festival;
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting new volunteers, and for encouraging the continued commitment of our existing volunteers;
- Manage a team of volunteers including training, execution, and reporting;
- Assign volunteer duties and responsibilities according to the needs of the Festival and individual interests/abilities;
- Ensure volunteers are fulfilling their assigned duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure volunteers are enjoying their festival experience;
- Manage any volunteer issues as they arise;
- Respond to inquiries and requests regarding volunteer needs from various Festival departments (including Logistics, Marketing, Programming, and Production);
- At the end of the contact, generate a post-mortem document detailing issues that arose and suggestions for future improvement.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior experience in festival/event management and/or the performing arts is considered an asset;
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines;
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word);
- Excellent English verbal and written communication;
- Problem solving skills, and the ability to execute last minute details;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization in order to complete projects in a timely manner;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Interest in comedy and the performing arts!
Deadline for applicants is Friday, May 3rd, 2019
Please send your CV and cover letter to JFLjobs@hahaha.com with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.